Friday, November 13, 2009

podcast for your consideration






Clicking on the link above (and the photo also) will take you to a powerful and beautifully-produced video and short written commentary that left me with tears in my eyes. 

Please note: the video has a bar on the bottom right that says "Start." It didn't always work for me, but clicking small arrow at bottom left plays the video every time for me.

Les is "a writer and author, a retired nine-term U.S. congressman from Oregon, and former university professor of government." His podcast doesn't automatically link you to his blog, which you can visit at The Les AuCoin Blog




{At least one person has had difficulty accessing the full podcast. Perhaps this is because she may not have QuickTime.  I've stripped this post down by removing the link at the photo, because Feedburner wasn't crazy about that idea. Beyond that, I've successfully accessed the podcast via Firefox and Internet Explorer and I apologize to any and all of you who cannot view the video.}


.

4 comments:

Darlene said...

I tried the link and was only able to download the first two pages of text. Then I tried the same thing on the picture with the same results.

It might be my computer because it takes forever to download something, but the notice at the bottom of the screen said "Done" after transferring the data.

Lydia said...

@Darlene- Thanks for letting me know early in the day of your difficulties in accessing the podcast. I made some changes, but at the end of the day without additional comments I wonder if anyone has been able to see it.
The text you mentioned was probably all of it, as it was a short commentary to supplement the video that is comprised of the song "Bring Him Home" from Les Mis and still shots.

Margaret Pangert said...

Hi Lydia~ I couldn't access the podcast because it requires Apple software. I have a PC with Internet Explorer. When I clicked on this link (Podcast by Les AuCoin: Bring Them Home), it came up that I had to add on "Quick Time Scriptable Object" from Apple Computers. I tried to do that, but my own Quick Time came on to say that if I chose to run the Apple program, my already-installed Quick Time would be deleted. Mean little trick, huh? Please advise if there is something else I could try. "Bring Them Home" in terms of our own military in the Middle East leaves me with chills running down my spine. xxox

Lydia said...

@Margaret- You are wonderful for going through the hoops and describing them here for me. I hope that Les will read your comment, as perhaps there is a way for him to reproduce his podcast as a regular blog post at his blog. If the thought of the song "Bring Him Home" from Les Mis playing behind some of the most powerful still shots around brings chills to you, I do hope you'll be able to see the video later. I'll let people know if I hear of an alternative manner of viewing it.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails