As I have done recently with blog awards I will not tag anyone in particular. Instead, I hope that any of you who are inclined to write a post containing ten things about yourself or to take up the challenge of actually passing along the award to ten others to do so in honor of the marvelous friendships we gain by being a part of the blogosphere. Here are the official rules:
* Tell your readers 10 things about yourself that they may or may not know, but are true.
* Tag 10 people with the award, and be sure to let them know they’ve been tagged (a quick comment on their blog will do).
* Link back to the blogger who tagged you.
Ten things you may or may not know about me:
1. I have an appointment with my orthodontist today. This is because I have worn braces since May 2009 and I have about nine more months to go. I have no complaints about the process, as this is something I longed to do for decades. Adult orthodontia is a real adventure!
2. September 1st will be our 15th anniversary. We are going to a play in Portland on Sunday as an early celebration.
3. October 15th will be my 25th sobriety anniversary. Aforementioned play (I'll post more about it on Sunday) happens to actually be more representative of alcoholism than it does of marriage, so I'm expecting it to be powerful for me.
4. My favorite word is GLOAMING.
5. My least favorite word(s) are those used by racists as descriptors for other human beings. You won't see those words on my blog.
6. I dearly love all of my pets, but I am in love with my cat Willow. I don't care if that seems strange. It is the truth.
7. I do not personally identify much with my astrological sign, Capricorn. But I read my horoscope anyway.
8. Autumn is my favorite season, October my favorite month.
9. I didn't meet my birth father until I was 21 years old.
10. Saturday is the 2nd blogiversary for my other blog, Clutterquake.