Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Peaceful Flip Flops

My, oh my. If the results of the following two tests are accurate how I have changed in eight years!

Two years before I left the office I was in a miserable state, very stressed for multiple reasons. Time came when I sought our family physician's help. When I explained to him that, in the center of my forehead just above eyebrow level, I felt like a frown was developing inside my cranium and struggling to burst out (remember the scene in
Alien when the creature plows through the astronaut's belly?.....something like that), he said simply, You need help. So Prozac came into my life.

One week after beginning the medication a co-worker pulled me aside into an empty coffee room and asked if I was "on something." For reasons concerning job preservation and because it was absolutely none of her business I denied it, then asked her why she wondered. She said
that I had always been so intense, but I'd changed suddenly, a wonderful change.
Hmmm, I said, how interesting...


Test #1


What Your Flip Flops Say About You



You are super laid back and peaceful. Not much disturbs you.

You're content with what you have in life, and you can't stand feeling worked up.

A lot of good things tend to come your way in life...

You're not too busy or stressed to let an opportunity pass you by.

Your ideal warm weather place: Hawaii

The Flip Flop Test


~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Test #2




You Are 65% Peaceful



You are a very peaceful person. All is good in your world, no matter what's going on.

Occasionally you let your problems get to you, but you generally remain upbeat.

Your inner strength is inspirational - much more so than you may realize.





6 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

I was torn between two different flip flops. I wonder what that means.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

63% Peaceful......I wasn't feeling so peaceful yesterday.....I had a little meltdown of sorts when I got home from work......and do you know what helped cheer me up?!?!?

One of the kindest gestures anyone has taken the time to perform.....that person being YOU....thank you so much for the very thoughtful gift, I treasure our blossoming friendship :o)

Roxanne said...

oh... that was nice. I am more peaceful than I thought I was.

p.s. we picked the same flip flops

Lydia said...

Lily,
Must mean you have a colorful personality!



WW,
I think your photography is helping my peace meter grow :) I am so glad you were tickled.
I treasure that too :)


Honour,
I'd rate you up there in the guru range of peaceful, at least that's what your writing shows.
Well, we should hip hop over to Hawaii since we chose the same flip flops. :)

francessa said...

I'm crazy, says the test, with wild ideas, many of which seem drug induced (!) - hopefully, the 75 % peacefulness of the second test will help ;-))

Lydia said...

Francessa,
The first must represent that mad blogging scientist in you, where the flip flop test is an indicator of how you take all that stimulation and convey it (calmly) to your students!
I'm impressed with that 75%...

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails