Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gentle Wizard: a poem



Here is the poem I mentioned in my previous post. This then is for Dare who was moved by it. Perhaps from a rarefied state he could be my muse because, as simple as this poem is, it's better than any poetry I've written lately........which is none.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Gentle Wizard


You captivated me
with shy earth eyes,
gentle wizard of love-taking.


You refused me
with a fear of giving,
gentle wizard of love-faking.


You renewed me
with night spirit,
gentle wizard of love-making.


You released me
with your gift of you,
gentle wizard.


© MLM (Lydia) 1972



`

7 comments:

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

I like the line about "shy earth eyes" a lot

This is a deceptively simple poem with a lot more going on under the surface

Good stuff :)

Unknown said...

I love your poem.
It has a Zen like quality in its simple lines and unpretentious stile.
But below that quiet surface lies so much meaning and you can easily be carried away by the undertones.
You should write more, definitively!

Lydia said...

DFTP,
Thank you for your comments, and you are so kind. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxs
(THIS is the truth. The bunch of xxxxs after "kind." were sent to you by our new kitten, 2 months old. Remember the kittens I wrote about recently, the ones the twins brought over for us to see......Well, this one little grey one with a tiny beard (!)is spending her first night here tonight and she discovered the keyboard!)

Buddha,
Thank you kindly for seeing the Zen in it. I wish I'd realized that was something in me way back when I wrote it. It's strange to wonder where my life would have led if I'd begun practicing Zen or yoga back then....

j said...

Thanks for posting this -- I like "you refused me with a fear of giving." Deceptively simple is absolutely right.

dianasfaria.com said...

that is really nice.I can see why Dare thought it was moving. I think it is too.

Lydia said...

Jennifer,
Thanks for reading and commenting. It's been strange for me to revisit that one....

Lily,
Glad you found something there.
btw, I had notification from Amazon that the book has been sent. Will be in touch.

Elizabeth Halt said...

that is beautiful and moving

I like "shy earth eyes" and "gentle wizard"

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails