Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Flash & Mag 171: rose-colored glasses


“Morning is the best!” chirps
the early riser.
Slurp..... Ah! the first 
cup of coffee tastes
just as fine to those
who got up latte'.
It is a s-t-r-e-t-c-h thinking
night owls do not know
what they are missing.
YaWn..... They know
that the day dawns,
-no matter the hour-
for people wearing
 rose-colored glasses. 


Written for Friday Flash 55 - My post in exactly 55 words - for the G-Man.
-ALSO-
Written for The Mag: Mag 171 that inspired with the above image prompt
(Waking, Walking, Singing, in the Next Dimension? 1979 by Morris Graves). 

.

13 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. i will wake up latte anytime...long as the coffee is hot....and is it better to see hope that the grit? i wonder.

travel well lydia

G-Man said...

Lydia Dear....
I hope you have recovered sufficiently.
Your post? I take it as being very positive. Just like you!
Loved your Rosy 55
Thanks for playing, thanks for your GREAT support, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

Rosaria Williams said...

Ah, they say that those with rose-colored glasses do, infact, live fuller lives.

izzy said...

I will always wake up for coffee!!!
and early or later-( rarely the latter) I slurp and read, sip and write! Enjoyed your piece thanks!

Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

What a fun and cheerful poem.

Flash 55 - Revenge by Chance

Helen said...

... now where did I place my rose colored glasses? OH, there they are on the tip of my nose!

Other Mary said...

Oh I like this. I'm a night owl married to an early bird.

KB said...

Love it. I used to be a night owl until I married an early bird. I prefer the later.

Anonymous said...

This is delightful =)

Kerry O'Connor said...

i really like the way your final lines wrap up the poem.

Maude Lynn said...

I really like this!

Lydia said...

Hello Everyone! I was away for awhile but read and enjoyed each of your comments on my tablet. I really appreciate your visits. :)

Fireblossom said...

That's telling 'em, sista! :-)

And, welcome back!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails