Saturday, May 8, 2010

eye award ten blogs eye award


I have not accepted or given away any blog awards for almost a year now. Basically, I want to keep that my standard because, although lovely being honored with an award, it can be anxiety-producing and distracting giving them. But when I got this one EYE really liked it and thought it would be some fun to award it to some bloggers/blogs/sites EYE enjoy.

The translation of the award words is:  It's worth keeping an eye on this blog! The stipulations I agreed to by accepting the award are that I will link to the (dear and brilliant) person who gave it to me, that person being Darlene at Darlene's Hodgepodge, and that I will pass it on to ten other blogs.

Since I love and appreciate each and every blog I visit these ten are representative of a collective whole of creative, loving, funny, heart-wrenching, educational, artistic, and beautiful blogs.

The Squiggling Scribbler - Her blog is brand new. Get in on the beginning of fresh genius and follow a dazzling mind encased in the skull of a 17-year-old girl. Kristen's first post was on April 25 and it contains this line:  "...when I was nine-months old, I was blessed with a mild form of cerebral palsy." 
Another arm caught in the bird machine - It's ridiculous that I am one of Jasmine's few readers. This young woman in Chicago has known grief and her view is sometimes from the edge. I like that she takes her readers there with her. The May 2010 issue of decomP magazinE just published one of Jasmine's poems (read here).
anybody listening? - Perhaps we should be. There is a dark bravery hiding in her happier posts and her not-so-happy posts are so disquieting that I worry about her. From her About Me in the blog profile: "I am somebody and I am nobody. A little self esteem problem due to a husband who runs hot and cold in mere seconds. . ."
Fashion Doll - There is a sparkling and joyous spirit in the blogosphere and her name is Katariina. She blogs from Finland in Finnish so you need to set your translator if you want to read in another language. But it's worth the visit to see her smile and look at the photos of her happy world. Her profile includes, "I am sympathetic young woman. I love my husband and all country peoples." (I think that means she loves the whole world!)
Painting History - Xenophon lists his interests as history; 19th century painting in his profile. And that, my friends, is what his beautiful blog is about.
The Floating Bridge of Dreams - Roxana is, I am positive, one of the most brilliant photographers in the world. Not just the blogosphere.....the planet. Her own words--and those of others that she uses to accompany her images--are spellbinding. She is a deep and beautiful soul and a transcendent artist. I thank Owen for introducing her at his wondrous photo blog.
Drawing a Line in Time - The tagline in her blog header reads: THE EVERYDAY JOURNAL OF ARTIST, WRITER AND ILLUSTRATOR JACKIE MORRIS IN WORDS AND PICTURESEveryday, as in common? Impossible. Everyday, as in her daily account of the enchanted life she lives in Wales as she describes the work behind her astonishing art? Yes, that. (Jackie's other blog--We Three, Ginger cats tales--is in my blogroll.)
Who Am Us Anyway? -  Bob Dylan was originally from Minnesota. That's where the author of this blog lives, and he lists Dylan as one of his favorite musical artists. He shares his amazing capacity for on-point rock criticism and his blog is full of rock and roll trivia that often makes me wonder if I was sleepwalking through parts of my life. He also writes about cars and sports (his posts about boxing most excellent)......guy stuff in a male voice that is different than any other blog I read.
The Wicked Witch of the Web - RB is one of my favorite writers. She makes me laugh the way medical experts say we should for good health (proof).....and boy do I need to laugh like that. She lost a writing job in New York when the economy went crazy, and what did she do? Became a certified yoga instructor, certain that the career thing had tanked for her. But no. She recently landed a great job in her field and is being transferred from NY to San Francisco. And through it all she has written what I think are essays of pure gold. I cannot wait to follow along in this new phase of her life.
Puppies and Flowers - I only recently came upon this delightful blog that "focuses mainly on commercial art and illustration," according to Peter. Check out the Wait, What? tab at top right of the blog to read his endearing blog dedication that gives the meaning behind the blog title.

To those of you in the list above, save and post the award badge at your blogs if you choose to.(I personally do not post award badges at my blog any longer.) Also, if you have the time and inclination please pass the award on to some of your favorite blogs/bloggers. No pressure from me, however. Do today only what you can do today. And thank you for the ways you enlighten and brighten my life.

.

18 comments:

middle child said...

Thank-you so much for the award! I don't do awards but am always grateful for the links to my post. You are very gracious for mentioning me. Blessings!

Darlene said...

Thank you for playing, Lydia. It's always fun to discover new blogs and this seems like an excellent way to do so.

I thank you for your kind words, but 'brilliant'? Who Moi? It's nice of you to say so, but I am far from being a 'brain'. I am just opinionated. ;-)

Sage Ravenwood said...

Congratulations on the award. A whole slew of new blogs to check out, thank you! (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hi dear Lydia!

I was really happy you beautiful
words,who you write about me.
Thank you for your this lovely award.You makes me smile :)
You have a heart of gold and I like to be your friend.God bless you<3

RB said...

Wow..Lydia...I cannot say how honored I am to receive this beautiful award for you. I'm just going to flat out say that I think this is the nicest thing anyone ever said to me! I always appreciate your comments on my blog and they have both motivated me to keep writing and motivated me to just keep going during some of those rough periods you mentioned...

Sending so much grace and goodwill your way!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lydia!

WOW, are you serious? You have no idea how truly, honestly happy this made me feel! =D I can't stop smiling!

Every comment that you've left me has made my entire day. Thank you so, so much!

And I'm glad you like my playlist! Simon and Garfunkel are awesome.

You are a truly wonderful person. I can't wait to read more from you!

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

I was thinking on this for a bit & you know what, this is actually the only award of any kind I've ever won in my life. :-)

Thanks for the kind words, Lydia; you're the best.

Lydia said...

Darlene~ Thanks again for the award and for setting in motion what culminated in all these wonderful comments!

Indigo~ I'm happy you will be visiting the blogs I wrote about in this post~

middle child~Katariina~RB~Kristen~Who Am Us Anyway? ~ It was absolutely my pleasure. Seriously, I felt great all day long after pouring some love on you all. :)

Roxana said...

oh Lydia, i am overwhelmed, speechless... i don't know what i could say, you've made me so happy...
may i just give you a huge hug in return?

Lydia said...

Roxana~ I will absolutely take that hug. And it will end my day-turned-to-early-next-morning on such a happy note.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Congratulations to all of you and have a great day!

Ellen said...

What a treat to find your blog. Not for an award, but for your personal pleasure, take a moment sometime and read my beautiful curly-haired daughter's blog about her life as a mother of twins, wife, and evolving woman, finding the artist within. It's real, her pix are her own and good, and I'm partial to it. It's how the small things in life are the most meaningful - www.itsallaboutthesmallstuff.blogspot.com

xo Ellen
www.wonderfulonlinewomenLA.com

La Belette Rouge said...

Well, I don't know whether to thank you or not;-) as now I have more MUST reads!!! Great list. Congratulations to you all.xxoo

Lydia said...

Phivos~ It was nice to see your smiling face here today! :)

Ellen~ What a treat to have someone new stop by, even more so because you told us about your daughter's blog. She sounds like a sweetie; I'll go take a look soon.

La Belette Rouge~ I think that, ultimately, you will thank me.....they are wonderful blogs.
xoxo

Rhiannon said...

Congratulations on your blog friends mentions. It was very thoughtful of you to take the time to do that. I will try and check a few of their blogs out.

I love their one blue eye pic! Gives me an idea to post my drawing of the blue one eye with a tear, on my next "Rhiannons artwork" in my blog. Not sure if I've showed that one yet..other than with a poem once I posted.

It's raining a lot here of late and cold in the mornings..how about up there?

Love,

Rhi

Lydia said...

Rhi~ I loved the one blue eye graphic too. Your mentioning the art at your blog reminds me that I am a couple days behind over there. Be right over.
Yes, raining here today and another double rainbow. It is supposed to clear and really warm up by Thursday.

Peter C said...

Better late than never! thank you for the award.

Peter

puppiesandflowers.com

Lydia said...

Peter C~ Hey there! I love that you were late in finding the award, and especially appreciate your leaving a comment. I'm still enjoying your blog so much.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails